The Urban League of Central Carolinas (ULCC) is a multi-service, non-profit agency that promotes financial stability and racial inclusion in our community. With a mission of empowering the community to attain financial stability and social justice in a global economy through education, training and placement, ULCC’s programs are designed to provide economic empowerment and educational opportunities for those in need of help.
Founded in 1978, the Urban League of Central Carolinas was the nation’s 116th affiliate of the National Urban League, the 31st in the South, and the 4th in the Carolinas. For additional information, visit the ULCC website at www.urbanleaguecc.org.
The President and CEO of the Urban League of Central Carolinas reports to the Board of Directors.
The President and CEO is responsible for leading all activities to advance the mission and vision of the Urban League of Central Carolinas including, but not limited to, programs, operations, development, human resources, marketing, and fiscal management.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Lead all facets of the organization including service delivery, daily operations, marketing and communications.
- Assume full responsibility for the fiscal management of the agency and support budget preparation.
- Build and develop a strong and collaborative team, providing developmental opportunities for all members.
- Partner with the Board and staff to create innovative services and partnerships, along with securing the funds to support the programs and overall operation.
- Ensure that performance measures and outcomes are met, or exceeded.
- Serve as a leader in the community, representing the ULCC as an advocate for the people it serves.
- Collaborate to build and sustain public and private partnerships across the community.
- Engage in policy discussions and work closely with elected officials, government representatives, economic development, workforce, education, and private foundations to support the ULCC’s mission.
- Participate on outside boards and committees to ensure ULCC is represented with key stakeholders in the community.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Board of Directors.
- A minimum of 5-10 years senior leadership experience within an organization.
- Strong understanding of nonprofit operations, finance, and administration.
- Resource development experience including fundraising and building collaborative partnerships.
- Experience working with boards, advisory committees and volunteers.
- Strategic planning and visioning experience within an organization.
- Entrepreneurial change agent; comfortable building new programs and evaluating/enhancing existing ones.
- Ability to lead teams and develop relationships, trust and rapport with staff and other partners.
- Possess integrity, credibility, and a genuine commitment to the mission of the ULCC.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, which includes a competitive base salary and benefits.
For additional information contactPresident-CEO@colemanlew.com