Client is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. The company has approximately 160 sites operating in 25 countries, with 50 percent of these sites located outside the United States. It employs approximately 41,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $15 billion.
The Operational Excellence Leader reports to the Director, Operational Excellence for Operations, and will work in coordination with the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) leadership team including President, Operations Vice President/Director, Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE), Operational Excellence (OpX) Lead, Site Leaders, and others.
The Operational Excellence Leader will have responsibility for coaching, advising, and mentoring through events and training, creating self-sufficiency within the six SBUs across the company. The position will lead activities (events, training, etc.) and develop standards (standard work, training packages, etc.) for their elements of the ACE Implementation Matrix (AIM) including strategic planning, training, shop floor management, visual workplace, layout/linkage/flow, and PFEP to ensure implementation of the 34 key processes of standard factory, physical transformation, and process based organization. This role will have technical and strategic support and work alongside SBU leadership and their teams to implement an end-to-end production system in a multi-site environment.
More specific duties include:
- Work with SBUs across the company to plan, lead, and execute the implementation of ACE within the SBU.
- Develop and execute the roadmap including transporting cells to flow/pitch/takt, implementing JIT/JIS materials management philosophy, and aligning all portions of the product system to work in harmony.
- Create self-sufficiency in the SBU through coaching, guiding, and mentoring LTLs and site project managers, as well as training all levels and functions of the SBU.
- Determine, monitor, and improve KPIs and overall implementation and transformation progress.
- Obtain 100% LTL self-sufficiency and BU/site self-sufficiency.
- Develop/enhance relevant portions of the SF Franchise Book.
- Roll up metrics from all ongoing OpX Projects within the SBU including:
- Use of key IT systems (ACP tool, website, SharePoint, web-based content delivery, etc.).
- Positively affect KPI change across the company, including decreases in lead time, on-time start increases, full kit start increases, productivity increases, schedule stabilization improvement, inventory reduction, SWIP to WIP ratio approaching 1, and balanced receipt of goods stabilization as well as key metrics in supply chain including percentage of parts/suppliers connected to consumption, percentage of parts with a ‘plan for every part’, number of suppliers/parts/spend on VMI, and supply chain execution to PFEP.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in operations or Lean-related leadership roles, including 5+ years’ experience leading teams in a shop floor environment.
- Ability to collaborate and influence.
- Strategic and broad thinking skills.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships globally with cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to demonstrate previous success in planning for and delivering a change management agenda.
- Strong knowledge of materials management, supply chain, and sales/inventory/operations planning (SIOP).
- Flexibility for travel; up to 80%.
- Expertise in Lean required, strong preference for the Toyota Production System (TPS) Grade 1 certification.
- Prior experience leading large, multidimensional Lean projects across multiple lines of business.
- Certified Lean Masters from recognized company; certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Commensurate with experience and includes competitive base salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits.
For additional information contactOpsExcellence@colemanlew.com