Client is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. The company has approximately 160 sites operating in 25 countries, with 50 percent of these sites located outside the United States. It employs approximately 41,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $15 billion.
The Materials Manager reports to the Site Leader.
The Materials Manager will develop and deploy materials management strategies and processes from demand management through supplier replenishment. This is a high impact and highly visible role that will lead a diverse team of associates.
More specific duties include:
- Transform the materials management function in support of the company’s ACE 12.2 Standard Factory operating system.
- Develop and execute the inventory reduction, accuracy, and integrity strategies.
- Integrate SIOP into materials planning and replenishment.
- Select, develop, retain, and promote talent for the materials function.
- Advance utilization of ERP systems (SAP) and adjacent systems.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in operations, supply chain, or materials management with at least 5 years’ experience managing (either directly or indirectly) individuals and teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in Lean materials/logistics required (PFEP, JIT/JIS, Kanban, SWIP, etc.).
- Experience in the development and management of kanbans, supermarkets, and vendor managed inventory (VMI).
- Strong experience in developing and deploying enterprise-wide Lean materials management strategies.
- ERP/ MRP experience; SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organization; proven ability to facilitate teamwork across functions; ability to influence and motivate in a matrix organization.
- Able to identify problems and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data and design barrier to eliminate or alert error in the process; ability to deploy innovative and effective solutions resulting in risk mitigation and improved execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, matrixed, and changing environment with multiple priorities, while driving results.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain concepts and their financial impact (inventory turns, cash flow, and working capital).
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Bachelor’s degree required; supply chain management, materials management, logistics, or business concentration preferred; advanced degree a plus; APICS certification strongly preferred.
Commensurate with experience and includes competitive base salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits.
For additional information firstname.lastname@example.org