CrossRoads Corporation is a faith-based, nonprofit organization that works in partnership with residents of the Grier Heights neighborhood in Charlotte, as well as partner churches and other stakeholders, to revitalize the neighborhood, both residentially and economically, with a focus on social justice and quality of life.
For more information, please visit CrossRoads’ website at www.crossroadscorporation.org.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and leads a team of five. In addition, the Executive Director facilitates relationships with over 50 partner organizations, both local and national, to meet the needs of the Grier Heights community.
The Executive Director is responsible for executing on the approved mission and strategy for CrossRoads and its affiliate, Grier Heights Community Center. The Executive Director provides leadership and management of all day-to-day operations for both entities, including programs, services, and activities.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Hire and lead the CrossRoads staff, insuring the team works collegially to accomplish the CrossRoads’ mission and goals.
- Prudently manage all financial matters; create budgets for CrossRoads and Grier Heights Community Center and manage each organization to its respective budget; secure sufficient funds to operate both entities.
- Manage all affordable housing development activities.
- Lead the efforts to discern and strategically analyze the needs of Grier Heights by listening to and interacting with residents and community leaders. Identify and propose ways that CrossRoads may assist in addressing those needs.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, continually assess the organization’s vision, mission, strategic plan, and goals to address the needs of Grier Heights as identified from neighborhood interaction and collaboration.
- Be the face of CrossRoads in Charlotte, providing effective leadership, positive external communication, and building strategic partnerships – both programmatic and financial.
- Provide leadership, oversight, and management of all fundraising efforts.
- Work with the sponsoring churches to develop close and effective communication, coordination, and understanding of the work of CrossRoads.
- Work directly for and with the Board of Directors and Board of Advisors, providing opportunities for board members to become involved in neighborhood programs and activities beyond attending board meetings.
- Organize all board and committee meetings, advise all members of meeting schedules, and submit agendas and supporting information to members in advance.
- Christian faith background and a compassion for the marginalized.
- Minimum of five years’ executive leadership experience, with some portion in nonprofit enterprises.
- Broad experience in selecting, managing, and leading a team.
- Broad experience in developing and executing the vision, mission, and strategy for organizations.
- Experience and proven competency collaborating with partner organizations and governmental bodies.
- Excellent public communication skills, to include verbal, written, and presentations.
- Demonstrated competency and track record for leveraging funding and granting sources.
- Demonstrated competency in financial management of organizations.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and provide motivation, encouragement, and recognition for best efforts and the unique contributions of all.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage with all types of people.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional background.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
For additional information firstname.lastname@example.org