The client is a leading provider of software and automation systems integration and engineering design services for a diverse roster of blue-chip customers in categories ranging from pharmaceuticals and consumer packaged goods, to logistics and food and beverage and based in the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area.
A Charlotte-based private equity firm acquired controlling interest in the client in January of 2018. The team includes partners who are subject matter experts in sales and marketing strategy, technology, acquisitions, and finance and accounting. The PE firm plans on adding additional platforms over the next 4 – 5 years.
The Divisional Controller will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will manage a team of accounting professionals.
- Provide strategic leadership of the organization’s accounting and finance function, including the preparation of monthly financial reports and other financial statements, complying with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Evaluate current accounting standards, policies, and procedures to comply with all stakeholder requirements and company objectives.
- Partner with the board, senior management, and all areas of the company to support the growth and acquisition strategy of the company.
- Lead and support the financial integration of acquisitions into company.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison to senior management and any outside constituents for the accounting and finance function.
- Work with senior management and business unit managers on forecasts and budgets; provide appropriate analysis necessary to operations for the development and ongoing status of budgets and forecasts.
- Partner with business unit leaders and project management office for project costing and project management results, including but not limited to, revenue recognition based on percentage of completion, project accruals, project margin analysis, and reporting.
- Serve as the financial lead for the company’s ERP system and assist with the identification and implementation of any new requirements.
- Work with the existing accounting team to ensure effective cash management.
- Lead all bank and external audits and compliance reporting for the company.
- Prior public accounting experience in audit leadership and/or transaction support role.
- Prior experience with project-based percentage of completion revenue recognition.
- Ability to translate accounting guidance into actionable policies and procedures, particularly as it relates to project-based units of accounting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Strong technology skills; hands-on experience with ERP systems and advanced Excel skills.
- CPA certified.
- Process and detail-oriented personality coupled with strong work ethic.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information firstname.lastname@example.org