INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhance productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in a wide variety of sophisticated industries. The company’s business units have world-class manufacturing facilities and subsidiaries located throughout the world. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit their website at www.inficon.com.
The Intelligent Sensor Solutions (ISS) business unit Vice President of Research & Development (VP R&D) reports to the ISS business unit President who is a member of the corporate executive leadership team. The ISS VP R&D is a member of the business unit leadership team and will lead a department that includes a total of approximately 60 employees (including eight direct reports) who are responsible for the worldwide research, development, and engineering activities for the ISS business unit.
Together with the ISS leadership team, the VP R&D is responsible for leading the development of strategy and technology, delivering timely solutions to the market, and executing development activities necessary for the comprehensive array of ISS products. Specifically, the VP R&D will be responsible for innovation, development, design, engineering feasibility, testing, and support of products and technologies for new products, and product enhancements. The VP R&D will present a clear and exciting picture for the organization to ensure that the company is aligned toward common goals. This position will interface with other global business unit R&D organizations to leverage best practices and synergies.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- R&D Team Leadership: Provide inspirational leadership to ensure that the R&D organization is highly competent, action oriented, customer centric, and accountable for attainment of development goals. Responsible for hiring, team management, and talent development within the research, development, and engineering team. Foster a spirit of cooperation between business functions.
- Strategy: Contribute to ISS BU strategy definition including technology direction and development. Work in tandem with other functions to bring new products from R&D to market. Further define strategies and deliver on product roadmap.
- Technology: Drive adoption of new trends including technologies, platforms, standards, and methodologies to increase competitive advantage. Oversee the patent management process, activities, and documentation. Lead research and development collaboration with universities.
- Minimal requirement: strong preference for a BSPHY, BSChE, or BSEE with 10+ years’ experience in progressively more responsible research, development, and/or engineering management roles with a strong preference for at least 5+ years of leadership experience. A master’s degree or PhD is preferred.
- Experience in vacuum science or mass spectrometry preferred.
- High level of integrity/accountability; honesty; treats people with respect; viewed as a role model; ability to quickly establish significant credibility, trust, and support with all levels of the organization.
- Mergers and acquisition experience in technology evaluation, due diligence, and integration from the buyer side.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and simultaneously oversee multiple complex technical projects while providing leadership to development scientists and engineers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; broad based technology experience.
- Positive, engaging, pragmatic, and collaborative style, with the ability to generate enthusiasm, motivate others, and be innovative in accomplishing goals in a complex, multicultural environment.
- Self-motivated to achieve and promote high levels of performance.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence; fluent in English for written and verbal communication.
- Proven track record of recruiting, managing, and continuously developing technical talent and technical leadership.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo in a diverse and global environment; ability to overcome roadblocks.
- View the business holistically, working closely with the ISS business unit President and other departments; build bridges with other teams and break down obstacles and silos.
- Lifelong learner; technologically savvy.
- Ability and willingness to travel; up to 10% (includes international travel).
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.
For additional information contactVPRD@colemanlew.com