Vice President of Produce
A large cooperative food wholesaler.
The Vice President of Produce reports to the Executive Vice President of Merchandising and Marketing and is responsible for creating and maintaining an organizational infrastructure that will define Produce standards, processes, and programs designed to support a department with sales that will exceed $850 million annually. This position will provide leadership and direction to corporate, divisions, and retail partners to ensure continued success and growth.
- Lead the sales effort for produce department, including projecting and achieving annual sales growth, margins, and profits within the department.
- Manage promotional funds (co-op) and create promotional activities and deals, along with merchandising plans to achieve sales budget.
- Oversee corporate procurement to achieve required service levels and turns.
- Lead retailer reviews and facilitate interaction to review sales results, determine market strategies to drive sales and profits, and meet with key decision makers and retail owners to assist and influence purchase and program decisions.
- Determine new product and program selection, as well as deal negotiation, to offer the retailers the lowest possible cost of goods and highest quality standards by developing strong relationships with the vendor/broker community to ensure support for the company and its members.
- Select, train, counsel, and manage direct reports to achieve sales results, while developing talent for internal growth and succession planning.
- Oversee and act as a liaison between vendors and divisional leadership, while monitoring inventory and service levels.
- Act as the strategic leader of produce for the company, from the field to consumer.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of produce retail operations, merchandising, and planning.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement within produce.
- Category management expertise and experience.
- Strong financial acumen to include forecasting and budgeting.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills; ability to build strong relationships with vendors, retailers, and employees.
- Ten years of industry experience, preferably a mix of retail and wholesale, to include procurement, sales, and management.
- Frequent overnight travel.
- College degree preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, an attractive bonus opportunity, benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information contactVPProduce@colemanlew.com