Vice President Business Development
An independent, privately-held distributor of supermarket non-foods, including health and beauty care, seasonal items, and other non-food general merchandise.
As a member of the Executive Management Team, the Vice President Business Development will report to the Chairman and CEO.
This position will serve as the senior leader in developing new business and strategic partnerships.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of the strategic planning process to execute the company’s short and long term objectives.
- Develop new business, by utilizing a planned, five-year growth schedule (including targets, volumes, timelines to close, probability, and attrition forecasts) that directs activities and produces a sustainable growth strategy of top line sales and operating income objectives by leveraging the company’s programs and value proposition.
- Pursue the development of strategic partnerships, relationships, and alliances.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective customers, existing retailers, and key trade associations. Represents the company at FMI, NGS, GMDC, and ROFDA.
- Manage select existing accounts, with significant growth opportunity, to drive organic growth and profitability.
- Develop and negotiate contracts.
- Develop new business models to enable the company to pursue new channels, product lines and/or in-store opportunities.
- Manage the ongoing intelligence on retailers and competitors; benchmark Imperial’s performance as tools that support an effective value proposition and the company’s short and long term strategies.
- Conduct an annual risk assessment to identify threats to programs, customers, districts, and the business for collaborative action to neutralize risk and improve the company’s position.
- Demonstrable depth and breadth in either supermarket retail, wholesale, or distribution or consumer products.
- Proven track record developing relationships with retailers and securing new profitable accounts.
- Expertise in Health & Beauty Care and General Merchandise.
- High integrity with focus, energy, and drive.
- Analytical with the ability to think both strategically and creatively.
- Collegial with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships.
- Undergraduate college degree required; MBA preferred.
Commensurate with experience and includes competitive base salary and bonus opportunity.
For additional information contactVPBD@colemanlew.com