Store General Manager
Founded in the early 1970’s as a small, full-service produce stand on the south side of Chicago, Pete’s Fresh Market has remained family owned and operated, and produce is still the heart and soul of its business. In addition to fresh produce, each of Pete’s 12 stores includes a full-service kitchen, bakery, deli, and in-house butcher along with top quality groceries and imports, including a wide variety of international, gluten-free, and organic products.
Throughout its 40+ years of experience, Pete’s has stayed true to its core values of delivering the highest quality and freshest products at an honest price. For more information, visit www.petesfresh.com.
The Store General Manager reports to the Division General Manager and owners of Pete’s Fresh Market. This position oversees approximately 140 store employees with 2-3 assistant managers on site.
The General Manager will be responsible for the total operations of a $30 million store with 70% perishables, inclusive of all staffing, merchandising, and the implementation and execution of all marketing/operational plans. This position will also function as a positive role model, exemplifying Pete’s Four Pillars of Value, Aesthetic, Quality, and Customer Service.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead and manage the business with professionalism, passion, expertise, and creativity.
- Maintain exceptional exterior and interior store conditions to provide the highest standard of customer service.
- Full profit and loss responsibilities; planning, ordering, and processing grocery products to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Responsible for all labor scheduling and effectively motivate and communicate with staff.
- Previous successful store management experience, preferably with decision making responsibility, merchandising expertise, and full accountability for profit and loss.
- Subject matter expertise and technical skills for all departments and categories; knowledge of in-store technology; good product knowledge.
- Ability to work a 6-day work week, authentic leadership style, and a true passion for the retail grocery industry.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information contactStoreGM@colemanlew.com