A leading global manufacturer of building products with over 20,000 employees and revenues in excess of $3.5 billion.
Senior Vice President, North America Windows
Reporting to the EVP, President North America, the Senior Vice President, North America Windows, is responsible for maximizing organizational growth, profitability, and setting the direction for the North America Window business through leadership of the strategic planning process, ownership of the full P&L, product management and operations. As a member of the Extended Senior Leadership Team, the incumbent will be required to:
- Meet budgeted P&L commitments through sales growth, profit growth and operating working capital.
- Develop and implement the strategy for long range growth and profitability objectives.
- Direct product management in the development of multigenerational product planning (competitor analysis, voice of customer input, design options).
- Identify and cultivate M&A opportunities to complement organic growth.
- Develop an operational plan to deliver SQDCI.
- Lead product management and collaborate with R&D to deliver NPD plans in support of annual and strategic plans.
- Establish credibility with the senior leadership team and throughout the organization as a developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Collaborate and influence sales in segmented markets, identifying target customers and unmet customer needs.
- Determine product pricing strategy; set price levels and guidelines for sales.
- Ensure that revenue, profitability, cash flow and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Lead cross-functional teams including engineering, sales, marketing, communication and customer support to achieve objectives.
- Lead engagement and model the company’s vision and values across 13 manufacturing facilities and 4,000 employees; ensure alignment to division goals and priorities.
- Reset culture of safety and deploy programs to ensure world class safety levels are met.
- Ensure effective policy deployment and LEAN manufacturing techniques are deployed: quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, plant performance measures.
- Develop and deploy strategy for capital investments and improvement projects.
- Lead JEM and continuous improvement philosophy for achieving operational success across the business.
- Manage multiple channel selling strategies, oversee all commercial contracts and own key customer relationships.
- Utilize market research and competitor analyses to recommend sales strategies for improvement.
BA/BS degree in a related discipline, MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years’ senior business and operations leadership experience within manufacturing where products go to market through distribution.
- Experience at a company known for rigor in operations/supply chain management, ideally a company known for lean manufacturing/operational excellence and that manages through policy deployment (e.g., Toyota Production System, Danaher Business System, etc.).
- Balance of operations (manufacturing, supply chain, SIOP) and commercial (marketing, sales, product management, growth) experience, ideally having directly managed these functions on the route up to general management, but at a minimum, managed them as a General Manager.
- Track record of implementation and execution utilizing SIOP, Lean and Continuous Improvement concepts and strategies.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment that is highly people dependent vs. highly automated.
- Experience with retail/home center channel is a plus but not required.
- Comfortable driving growth through a product management structure in a fast-paced, growth oriented business; proven track record of delivering results.
- Proven commercial success and relationship management.
- Ability to travel, over 50% travel required.
- Business focused and results oriented with a bias for taking action.
- Finds creative ways to support the business.
- Does not present roadblocks or create unnecessary delays.
- Realistic and pragmatic in dealing with global challenges.
- Able to shift quickly from tactical to strategic.
- Hands on, hardworking, able to keep up with an extremely fast-paced and heavy personal work load.
- Able to react quickly without shooting from the hip.
- Can slow things down when needed.
- Sees the big picture.
- Builds appropriate structures and processes without creating bureaucracy.
- Adaptable and comfortable in a fast-changing, matrixed environment.
- Supports the matrix approach over more traditional structures.
- Capable of leading by example in managing through matrix issues.
- The consummate team player, must live and champion the “totally connected” values every day.
- Global mindset and approach.
- Capable of handling evolving international scope and rapidly changing environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and dealing with situations where no precedents exist within the corporation.
- Strong, clear communicator.
- Significant communication via voicemail and email across multiple time zones with people who speak English as a second language.
- Excellent listening skills to understand the diversity of the three regions and multiple business unit needs.
- Ensure against missed or incomplete communications.
- Strong leadership courage.
- Authoritative and decisive when needed.
- Comfortable taking unpopular positions when needed.
- Comfortable challenging peers and superiors when needed.
- Comfortable managing a team in a matrixed environment, i.e., comfortable managing some functional areas that are not direct reports.
- Politically astute and strong influencing skills.
- Must be able to help keep peers and superiors from straying too far away from overall corporate/division direction.
- Lead others effectively, with or without formal authority.
- Help bring people “back on track” when needed.
- Strong financial acumen and metrics-driven approach.
For additional information contactSVP@colemanlew.com