An industry leading industrial duct manufacturer that serves as the world’s largest industrial supplier of clamp-together ducting.
The Sales Director will report directly to the President and oversee a 23-person sales team consisting of an inside sales manager, 14 inside and 8 outside sales representatives.
The Sales Director will be responsible for developing sales strategy, dealer and end user relationships, while maintaining key accounts. This individual will work to pinpoint new regions and industry segments to drive market growth. The Sales Director will assign sales territories, set individual sales goals, and establish training programs for the organization’s sales representatives. He/she will also be expected to learn and understand the current and historical business structure of the company and create and implement innovative sales strategy to increase market share.
More specific duties include:
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of the company’s market, competitors, and economic indicators to steer the sales department.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customer base and dealers and ensure key accounts are satisfied with products and services.
- Initiate, develop and implement sales strategies and programs that support growth and profitability targets. Pinpoint new ways to penetrate the market and expand into new market segments.
- Analyze sales trends, market data and key performance indicators against defined plans; provide product and sales forecasts as required.
- Continually enhance sales techniques and product knowledge for sales teams to promote a professional image in the field and keep the sales teams at the forefront of the industry and help every sales team member reach their goal.
- Develop and improve value add programs to meet the needs of dealers and help them exceed revenue expectations.
- Work closely with senior management to formulate and implement innovative go-to-market strategies.
- Be a key player in the management team in determining overall objectives and direction.
- Work with marketing department on generating new leads, and develop sales targets for territory managers.
- Develop and continually assess a business plan that covers sales and expense controls.
- Become a mentor to the sales team and nurture relationships with each associate to help them achieve their goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience as a sales manager with experience managing multiple teams.
- Willingness to learn new technology and accept personal responsibility for own development and performance as well as for the sales team.
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to mentor and build a team.
- Strong business acumen and proven experience as a change agent.
- Expert knowledge in the sales process of technical products and solutions.
- Excellent presentation, selling and closing skills.
- Ability to achieve short-term goals in line with longer term global vision.
- Significant weekday travel and some weekend events.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with dust collection/air filtration market is preferred.
- Knowledge of legal requirements for business contracts.
- BS in Engineering or Business Degree
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information contactSalesDir@colemanlew.com