Client is a wholesale distributor in the Southeast with annual sales of approximately $2 billion. The company provides wholesale services and distributes products to over 450 retailers.
The Regional Sales Manager – Southern Region will report directly to the Vice President of Sales Development. Direct reports will include a team of 10-12 including retail counselors and field merchandisers.
The Regional Sales Manager will manage the activities of Southern Region retail counselors and field merchandisers to achieve sales, net income objectives, customer growth, and satisfaction metrics. This individual will be responsible for key accounts and coordinating sales activities with other sales department members as well as other company departments.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Participate in development of the strategic planning process and execute these strategies to support $400+ million in annual revenue.
- Create and accountable for achieving revenue budget of $400+ million in the region.
- Develop and accountable for plans to affiliate new customers representing $25+ million in new business annually.
- Direct efforts of retail counselors and field merchandisers to achieve desired outcomes.
- Accountable for performance appraisals, development plans, identifying high potential candidates, and ensuring bench development of direct reports for future advancement.
- Accountable for collection of $8+ million weekly in accounts receivable; collection of $7,500+ in weekly loan payments for Capital Resources; and collection of $25,000+ in monthly rent payments.
- Create and accountable for controlling sales expense budget in excess of $1 million.
- Responsible for maintaining employee relations in the Southern Region.
- Accountable for positive customer satisfaction metrics for 150+ customer accounts.
- Five to seven years of experience in successful retail / wholesale management and in retail counseling and / or merchandising.
- Outstanding negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information contactRSM@colemanlew.com