McColl Center for Art + Innovation, an urban center for contemporary art exploration anchored by a rich artist-in-residency program, empowers artists to advance contemporary art and community through the creative process. We champion the art of our times and the artists who strive to discover all possibilities, both real and yet to be imagined.
McColl Center, regarded as one of the top residency programs in the US, has core values that include the firm belief in the need to raise the perception of the value of artists in society, the importance of exposing the public to the creative process, broadening their understanding of contemporary art practices, and facilitating their ability to apply a more creative approach to their personal and professional lives. The Center facilitates engagement projects between artists and the community, public programs, discussions, artist talks, workshops, open studios, performance series, and special events.
For additional information, visit the website at www.mccollcenter.org.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President/CEO leads a team of 15.
McColl Center has a creative, entrepreneurial work environment. Behaviors that are important:
- Desire to take small risks with radical intent.
- Passionate about art and artists.
- Passionate about the McColl Center.
- Ability to establish authentic community relationships.
The position has full responsibility for all facets of the organization and its mission, including fundraising, operations, and Board and stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to generate revenue through multiple streams, perhaps non-traditional methods.
- Business acumen.
- Strategic thinker.
- Ability to attract and motivate a team accountable for results.
- Ability to communicate vision to stakeholders.
- Personal and professional presentation skills required to engage community leaders.
- Capable of designing an innovative business model and practices that will enhance the entrepreneurial approach to a nonprofit model.
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, and increasing diverse funding streams.
- Effective in donor cultivation and constituency building.
- At least 10 years of senior management experience leading operations, human resources, budgeting, and financial planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and project skills.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive base salary, benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information contactMcCollPres-CEO@colemanlew.com