Client is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. The company has approximately 160 sites operating in 25 countries, with 50 percent of these sites located outside the United States. It employs approximately 41,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $15 billion.
The Operations Site Leader reports to Site Leader.
The Operations Site Leader will direct and coordinate activities in the following functional areas to ensure alignment with strategic goals and direction: manufacturing, materials management, production control, quality assurance, production planning, manufacturing engineering and environmental, and health and safety.
More specific duties include:
- Drive continuous improvement and operational excellence across the entire operation.
- Guide and support the continuous improvement of plant environmental health and safety programs.
- Lead investigations and corrective actions to meet and exceed local and federal laws.
- Guide and support the plant quality procedures and controls to improve quality and overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in all areas, including delivery, schedule changes, and special instructions.
- Support plant maintenance activities in a manner that remains aligned with achieving material and labor productivity plans.
- Support long-term strategic initiatives within the manufacturing organization.
- Lead in a manner that fosters positive relationships between all levels of the organization.
- Model, foster, and promote high employee engagement with the goal of creating an inclusive work environment.
- Assume full accountability for succession planning activities, ensuring that staff development is a priority.
- Minimum 5 years of operations experience; heavy manufacturing preferred.
- Proficiency in materials management with direct responsibility for materials management in a manufacturing setting; prefer experience within a digital manufacturing setting or implementing data and analytics to support operational decision-making.
- Experience working in a Lean culture and implementing Lean manufacturing processes, operating systems, and tools; prefer deep expertise in Lean and completion of formal Lean certifications.
- Prior experience in a TMS or TPS environment preferred.
- Able to motivate and sustain a high performance and ‘customer first’ culture down to the lowest levels in the organization as ‘a way of doing business’.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of selecting and developing leadership talent.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in managing change to include recognizing when change is necessary, planning for change, and creating a culture that accepts change.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional technical proficiency and advanced problem-solving capabilities.
- Willingness to champion a continuous improvement mindset and to support change initiatives at all levels.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Bachelor’s degree required; engineering or equivalent technical discipline preferred; advanced degree a plus.
Commensurate with experience and includes competitive base salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits.
For additional information firstname.lastname@example.org