North American Logistics / Customer Service Manager
A leading environmental technology company. Contributes to sustainable social development by providing products and systems that create good workplaces while minimizing environmental impacts from industrial processes.
The North American Logistics / Customer Service Manager reports directly to the VP Operations Americas and currently has 5 direct reports. This individual will work closely with the Logistics and Manufacturing facilities in Mississauga, Ontario and Charlotte, North Carolina.
The North American Logistics / Customer Service Manager is responsible for managing and developing the logistics and customer service functions across North America that support increasing sales volumes at the highest industry customer satisfaction levels. This position is charged with exceeding budgeted sales and profitability targets by building “Best in Class” logistics and inside customer support system encompassing all contact points, order fulfillment, and inner-company/cross departmental efficiency.
More specific duties include:
- Manage staff responsible for daily flow of incoming company phone calls and effective use of the phone system.
- Improve existing policies and procedures.
- Oversee transportation costs for inbound and out bound shipments, off-site storage requirements, and material expediting for production purposes.
- Assure all orders and inquiries are received and processed in the most timely, efficient and accurate manor.
- Coordinate logistics and delivery of products with customer want dates.
- Develop and maintain inventory control to adequately serve various dealers while helping NAL/NML achieve a five-time turn on an annual basis.
- Work with NAL/NML regarding shipping and receiving activities and procedures, ensuring that products are handled damage free, returns are processed within 48 hours, and orders meet required and promised ship dates.
- Help determine proper disposition of defective, returned, and damaged items.
- Provide consistent ship dates and lead-times to customers and communicate regularly to keep them aware of changes and updates.
- Ensure that product list, cost, and dealer sell pricing is correct in IFS at all times.
- All SKU’s should be set up within the proper Product Families by the Product Manager.
- Ensure customers are set up appropriately to designate customer status (Region), Order Type, and Segment defaults.
- Inventory control functions include working with production to understand forecasting and inventory management process, various available trending methods, and how to apply these to achieve sales and working capital objectives.
- Understand and analyze reports in order to stay up to date on and manage inventory turns, slow moving, obsolete, and damaged SKU’s.
- Background in operations working with technical industrial products through distribution channels such as wholesale distributers, dealers, or manufacturers reps.
- A minimum of five years of experience with an industrial manufacturer, and/or North American distribution company; experience with inventory management and engineering concepts.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail, Excel, Pivot Tables, PowerPoint, and Word; experience with CRM usage and quotations helpful.
- Solid understanding of forecasting, inventory management, and the analytics involved.
- Prior experience in an order fulfillment and logistics environment with a national scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Analytical skills and a positive human relations orientation are essential.
- Valid driver’s license and passport; 25% travel expected.
- Able to manage people with skills/educations ranging from order entry with a high school diploma to highly technical personnel with engineering degrees.
- Direct reports experience; working with multiple facilities while managing direct staff offsite preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
Commensurate with experience and includes competitive base salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits.
For additional information contact