A wholesale grocery distributor based in the Southeast with annual sales of approximately $1.8 billion. The company provides wholesale services and distributes products to over 450 retail stores, including independent retailers and regional supermarket companies.
The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Vice President of Finance.
The Financial Analyst will analyze financial data and provide information to assist senior management in making good business decisions, manage and coordinate the entire annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasts, direct efforts to re-engineer business processes, and be a lead resource for compliance with financial accounting pronouncement.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Assist VP of Finance in continually aligning the finance organization with the changing business strategy of the company.
- Analyze and implement new accounting pronouncements, including but not limited to FASB, GAAS, GAAP, SOP, and EITF; review procedures and documentation for activity covered by these pronouncements; propose, communicate, and implement timely changes to comply with regulations; work with holding company finance department and independent audit firm to ensure accurate interpretation, treatment, and implementation of pronouncements.
- Participate in company projects and provide financial leadership.
- Analyze information process flows and controls in order to propose changes for more efficient and accurate processes; analyze activities and workflow associated with key business processes to ensure all activities add value and are performed at the lowest possible cost; upon request, propose and lead implementation of changes in key business processes for any department.
- Coordinate entire annual budgeting process; develop budget design and tools for greater efficiency in preparation and execution of the budget; continually align and manage budget process to meet changing information needs of the company; assist department managers with budget needs; anticipate and develop new budget data to assist management in tracking new information to aid in business improvement.
- Support financial accounting for transportation activities by maintaining a “cost per mile” analysis or similar reporting; continually align reporting to meet the needs of senior management and develop and guide transportation management in areas of cost management.
- Design and develop financial models; collaborate with all departments to assist management with needs assessment for models and additional financial information; continually look for ways to provide meaningful data and capture information.
- Work closely with Business Analytics/Acorn project team to optimize and maximize data for customer profitability.
- Develop and maintain rolling forecasts and financial projections, with timely reporting to management and parent company corporate; utilize critical thinking skills to develop predictions for future financial results based on available information; explain significant variances between forecast and/or budget vs. actual results to continually improve forecasting process.
- Support other finance staff personnel with data management as needed through technology and best processes.
- Contribute to a system of sound internal controls by reviewing selected journal entries (CR, JE, etc.) prior to posting; monitor business processes to identify potential control weaknesses and facilitate improvement where needed; prepare disbursement bank account reconciliations.
- Work closely with parent company and other subsidiaries, and case ready meat plant personnel/management to analyze and oversee plant performance, systems integration, and reporting of operating results.
- Develop and instruct classes for departments on computer applications and other subjects as required.
- Conduct financial analysis on new business opportunities; assist with due diligence analysis for company or other subsidiaries; analyze and develop strategies to assist with transition areas for new business opportunities.
- Provide backup and assist in preparation of monthly financial statements; analyze financial statement process and related systems to increase efficiency in preparation and value added components.
- Perform post audit analysis to ensure benefits from capital expenditures were obtained by management as requested.
- Foster a culture on continual innovation through creative thinking, identification of opportunities, and constant improvement to grow revenue and reduce expenses.
- One to five years of experience in process design and re-engineering.
- Solid technical knowledge of information systems processes and excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to move beyond area of expertise.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance, MBA or Masters in accounting preferred, CPA preferred.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information contactFA@colemanlew.com