Division General Manager – Glass
Client is a glass installation and specialty building material company located in the Southeastern United States.
The Division Manager will report directly to the General Manager and have responsibility for general management of the company’s glass division. The position will supervise the external sales force and the operations of the division – a total of approximately 20 employees. The manager will have P&L responsibility, including purchasing, inventory, equipment, service, and personnel.
- Provide overall leadership and serve as a strong role model for the Glass Division in both commercial and residential segments.
- Drive the success of the Glass Division, by increasing sales, market penetration, and bottom-line profitability.
- Direct the personnel of the division; select, hire and train employees as necessary.
- Manage purchasing and overall inventory levels of all necessary material.
- Maintain and cultivate strong relationships with relevant vendor partners.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and support.
- Manage equipment utilization and maintenance.
- Communicate effectively and clearly, both inside and outside of the organization; establish strong working relationships with customers and staff.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in both commercial and residential glass installation; five or more years of supervisory/management experience.
- Proven track record running a division, from sales to operations.
- Deep industry knowledge.
- Strong general management ability; must be able to understand the financial aspects (P&L) of a successful operation.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with people at all levels in the company; focused on exceeding customer expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent communication ability.
- Self-motivated and results oriented; willingness to roll-up the sleeves to get the job done.
- Entrepreneurial; excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Undergraduate degree is required; graduate degree a plus.
Commensurate with experience including base salary, bonus, and competitive benefits program including relocation package.
For additional information contactDivisionGM@colemanlew.com