A privately-held, premier aggregate supplier in the Southeast.
The CEO/General Manager reports to the Chairman & CEO. Other positions currently reporting to the Chairman/CEO include: Executive Vice President; Executive Vice President / Corporate Secretary; COO; and the CFO. The individual in this position will work closely with all members of the management team and ultimately provide leadership for the company’s approximately 400 employees. Note: Under the direction of the Board of Directors and the Chairman/CEO, the individual who assumes this position, and the responsibilities listed below, will help create an opportunity for the phased retirement of the current CEO after a reasonable transition is complete. The current CEO will then remain in his role as Chairman.
The CEO/General Manager will be responsible for coordinating the organization’s strategic initiatives, promoting the organization’s purpose, accomplishing the desired objectives consistent with the company’s overall vision and mission, and ensuring the company’s financial health. The individual must be able to lead by example and appropriately articulate these important objectives to the organization’s employees, customers, and host communities they serve. While working to accomplish these tasks, the individual will also be expected to:
- Provide the necessary leadership and support to Vice President and C-level positions enabling them to be successful.
- Learn, understand, and manage the key drivers of the business.
- Develop, maintain, and nurture both internal and external working relationships that are key to company success. These relationships will include, but are not be limited to: family members; Board members; employees; customers; vendors; and industry and community leaders.
- Develop and/or lead strategic initiatives or special projects that further Sunrock’s growth.
- Develop management protocols and structures to effectively utilize available assets.
It is expected that this leadership role will continue to evolve over time as the new executive assimilates into the company and the transition mentioned above progresses.
- Integrity above reproach; high ethics; respect for confidentiality; forthright and direct, but with diplomacy.
- Skilled at strategic and organizational leadership; ability to inspire others; ability to see the big picture, but not lose sight of important details.
- Ability to identify, develop, and support future leaders within the company; also possess the ability to recruit appropriate leadership talent when necessary to meet business needs.
- Superior interpersonal skills; effective communicator.
- Self-motivated; strong desire to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment; adaptable and flexible.
- Experience with general management in a manufacturing business with preference for an “outdoor business.” Experience in a natural resource based environment is beneficial and preferred.
- Experience with establishing effective management protocols in a growing business is preferred.
- Appropriate educational background; engineering and/or economics background is preferred.
- Experience with business development and M&A work is preferred.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, excellent benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information email@example.com