Based in the Southwest United States, company specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of quality food and food-related products.
The Branch Sales Manager reports directly to the General Manager. This position manages a team of 225+ sales and marketing personnel including regional and district sales managers.
The Branch Sales Manager is responsible for assigned activities related to his/her respective Branch and the Broadline Strategic Business Unit including the sales budget, margin management, sales growth, market share, customer profit contributions, training and development, human resources, and policies and procedures. As a key management position, the individual contributes significantly to business results and the future strategy of the Branch and Strategic Business Unit.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop and implement sales plans to accomplish Branch and Strategic Business Unit goals.
- Develop forecasting activities and performance goals and lead the sales force to achieve goals.
- Establish short and long term sales strategies and programs in line with those of the Broadline Strategic Business Unit.
- Evaluate existing and implement new sales techniques to increase sales volume and margins.
- Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Meet with existing and targeted clients to maintain or develop new relationships; serve as the voice of customer communication for the Branch.
- Advise sales teams/DM’s and Regionals on projects, tasks, and operational issues.
- Analyze data and market intelligence to determine sales and profit potential by region/team/ customer segment.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations in line with Branch and Strategic Business Unit strategy and results.
- Support BPI and DSI, collaborating with shared services in an effort to achieve key objectives.
- Minimum of ten years experience in broadline sales management.
- Skilled in all functional foodservice sales management areas; strong customer relations and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicates effectively with people at all educational and experience levels.
- Strong team approach to management.
- Solid commitment and established track record of processes documentation and improvement.
- Possesses leadership and motivational skills with a bias toward field work.
- Willingness to adopt flexible work schedule, including overnight, weekend, holiday, and travel when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.
For additional information contact